A division of PromarkBRANDS
1268 Humbracht Circle
Bartlett, IL 60103-1631 USA
Tel: (800) 989-0505
3-Head Flash Kit with T5dR Heads and Turbo 3 Batteries for Nikon Cameras
- 3x T5dR Flash Heads
- CoPilot Wireless TTL Control for Nikon
- 3x FreeXwire 7Q Wireless Receivers
- 3x Turbo 3 Rechargeable Batteries
- 3x Light Stands (8′)
- 3x Umbrella Brackets
- 3x 45″ Umbrellas
- 3x QBC Clamps for Batteries, Kit Case
Available on backorder
Quantum Instruments T5dR Overview
Quantum has put together this 3-Head Flash Kit with T5dR Heads and Turbo 3 Batteries for Nikon Cameras to give photographers a lightweight and portable location kit. The included T5dR flash heads are completely automated flashes with many advanced user-selectable operating modes and 150Ws of power. They are wirelessly controlled by your camera’s TTL via the kit’s CoPilot Wireless TTL Flash Controller. Power is provided by three Turbo 3 batteries.
The kit also includes three wireless receivers, three 8′ air-cushioned light stands, clamps to mount the batteries to the stands, three umbrella brackets, three 45″ umbrellas, and a padded case.
Qflash Model T5D-R
The Q Flash T5D-R TTL Flash by Quantum Instruments is an updated version of the T4D model. It has full wireless TTL dedication for new digital and film cameras, with the purchase of optional, camera-specific DW series QTTL modules and receivers. The Qflash T5D has Exposure compensation in Auto and Manual Modes, Under-Over F-stop exposure indicators in Auto, a Flash Counter, visible and audible flash indicators and signal, a modeling light, and an improved reflector locking ring.
It is a completely automated flash head with many advanced user-selectable operating modes; it is the perfect portable flash for any professional photographer.
Regular auto and manual flash are possible through its twin-blade sync socket. TTL flash exposures are possible when using the T5D with selected digital cameras. This unit is backward compatible with all Quantum TTL cords and adapters.
The Q Flash uses parabolic reflectors for clean, even light spread, and the reflectors are removable for bare-bulb lighting. Flash control is either Automatic, TTL (with optional adapters for TTL camera control), Manual, or Stroboscopic. Automatic exposure control covers a nine stop range, adjustable every 1/3 stop, for a total of 25 automatic settings. Manual power can be adjusted from full to 1/64 power in 1/3 stop increments; flash power can be dialed in precisely; Stroboscopic mode can be adjusted for flash power and number and frequency of bursts for special effects. Program allows storage of up to 8 favorite settings and switching between them at a push of a button.
The LCD control panel shows minimum & maximum flash distance range for each auto setting. It has both an audible and visual indication of correct exposure, displaying “OK” & 1 beep, or 3 beeps right away and an “UNDR” or “OVER” in the display, indicating which way to adjust the unit. The beep is switchable, or one may use the included earphone in situations where noise is distracting.
The Q Flash mounts on a camera bracket, tripod, or light stand and weighs no more than a conventional flash.
The Q Flash Model T5 can only be powered by the TURBO Series Batteries or Lumedyne Mega Cyclers with a Lumedyne battery, up to 150 Ws, full power, manual.
- Wireless TTL, Sync and Shutter Control
- Links Qflash 5D series flashes to digital and film cameras (Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Hasselblad, Mamiya, and Contax) – wirelessly.
QTTL Adapters with a FreeXWire FW9T Transmitter will send commands to one or more remote FreeXWire receivers connected to Qflashes.
- Full Dedication
- Connect a Qflash 5D to a camera using an optional Dw series QTTL adapter to make Qflash a fully dedicated flash that mimics the features of camera manufacturers’ flashes.
- Manual Mode
- Power may be adjusted from full to 1/2 to 1/64 power in 1/3 stop increments.
- Stroboscopic Mode
- May be adjusted for power, number, and frequency of rapid firing for special effects.
- Program Mode
- Store up to 8 favorite settings, switch between them at the push of a button.
- Exposure Confirmation
- Visual: Displays “OK”
Audible: Beeps once for OK, or beeps 3 times with an “UNDR” or “OVER” in the display, indicating which way to adjust the Q Flash.
The beeping is switchable, or can be heard discreetly with the included earphone.
- Changeable Reflector
- May be used with included parabolic or optional QF63 telephoto reflector.
May be used bare bulb, or with silver or gold bare bulb enhancers.
- Angle Adjustment
- Head swivels and tilts for bounce flash capability.
- Easy to Mount
- Mounts on a camera bracket, lightstand, or tripod with the 1/4″-20 threaded socket on the bottom of the unit.
- New Reflector Mount
- Improved for sure mounting of new “B” series reflectors and accessories.
CoPilot Wireless TTL Flash Controller for Nikon
With the Quantum Instruments CoPilot Wireless TTL Flash Controller you can control a studio full of flashes from up to 300′ away from the hotshoe of your Nikon camera. Not only will the CoPilot trigger them but can adjust the lighting ratios of up to three independent groups of flashes. Instead of poking away at an LCD screen Quantum gives you ergonomic, tactile dials that you can adjust without looking at them once you get used to their functions. The CoPilot is compatible with current Qflash TRIOs and T5dRs as well as older versions and any non-Quantum flash that can be triggered in Manual and Auto mode only by a FreeXwire wireless receiver. Last but not least, the CoPilot has a built-in IR autofocus assist for fast focus in low light.
- The CoPilot’s infrared autofocus assist helps your camera focus in low light
- TTL control of up to three independent groups of flashes without a local flash or two remote groups with a local Qflash connected to the accessory connector of CoPilot. Compatible with Quantum TRIO and T5dR and older T2D, T3D, T4D and T5D versions
- Trigger non-Quantum flash in manual or auto mode with FreeXwire FW8R or FW10W receivers
- Use any number of flashes in each remote group
- Instant dial settings replace complicated LCD display
- Reliable digital radio wireless up to 300′ (100 m)
FreeXwire 7Q Compact Wireless Digital TTL Receiver
The Quantum FreeXwire 7Q mounts directly flush onto a Qflash 4d or 5d series flash, with no need for any connection cords. With the FW9T or FW10w transmitter mounted on the camera (with the FW12 Hot Shoe Adapter) it is now possible to trigger the Qflash completely wireless. Or, add a D or Dw series QTTL adapter to the camera and transmit the camera’s f/stop, ISO, and TTL exposure information to the remote Qflash 5d.
Might require additional cables or accessories, depending on flash and/or camera used, please click here to see FreeXwire components.
Turbo 3 Rechargeable Battery (US / Canada / Japan Plug)
For a portable power source for your speedlights, use the Turbo 3 Rechargeable Battery (US / Canada / Japan Plug) from Quantum Instruments. This battery works with most shoe-mount and handle-mount flashes, including all Quantum Qflash, T-series, and Trio/Pilot portable flashes. The Turbo 3 has the capacity to provide 1050 full-power flashes for shoe-mount speedlights and 750 flashes for handle-mount units.
The product offers two outlets so you can simultaneously power a digital camera and a flash, or two flashes. Cables are secured to the battery via locking sockets so you don’t have to worry about a cable falling out while you are in the middle of shooting. Compatible cables for Nikon, Canon, and Qflash Trio are available and sold separately.
The Turbo 3 is equipped with four LED status indicators for checking how much power you have left. Recycling times vary from 1 to 1.9 seconds, and it takes about three hours to fully charge the unit with the included battery charger. The product weighs only 2 lb and can be carried around easily with the included belt clip.
- NiMH batteries used for quick recycling
- Non-included locking flash cables for Nikon, Canon, and Qflash TRIO can be secured with the locking sockets of the Turbo 3
- Comes with a belt clip, and has fittings for an optional shoulder strap
- Two outlets for simultaneously powering a digital camera and a flash, or two flashes
- The internal battery can be replaced by Quantum Instruments at a nominal cost if desired
- To check the Turbo 3 capacity when it is not connected, press the ON button until the LED display comes on. The gauge will automatically turn off after use
- Full-Power Flashes
- Shoe mount: 1050
- Handle mount: 750
- Qflash: 600
- Trio: 1050
- Full-Power Flashes (with Flash and Digital Camera)
- Shoe mount: 600
- Handle mount: 450
- Qflash: 375
- Trio: 630
- Typical 1/8-Power Flashes in Automatic/TTL Mode
- Shoe mount: 7500
- Handle mount: 5400
- Qflash: 4300
- Trio: 7500
Multi Bracket – Umbrella, Tilt
The Quantum QF72 Multi Bracket is a versatile bracket that will fit onto almost any light stand. It includes two removeable, reversible studs to adapt to light stands with top studs smaller than the standard 5/8″. Its male screw stud is designed to fit into the bottom of a Quantume Qflash.
For photographers who already have an umbrella bracket, the “L” Bar (QF73) can be purchased separately. The “L” Bar can be mounted directly to any lightstand or monopod. An umbrella bracket is not needed. You can mount a Qflash and Radio Slave or Quantum Battery to the “L” Bar.
- It has a slot for an umbrella and it can be rotated for positioning the Qflash properly. When used with a lightbox the umbrella bracket can adjust the aim of the lightbox.
- Bracket tilts and swivels to make aiming the light or flash easy.
Pole Mounting Clamp
The Quantum QBC clamp can be used to hang any Quantum battery pack (except for Qpaq-X power pack) from a round or square pole. The belt clip on the Quantum Battery slips through the belt clip slot on the clamp.
Weight 30 lbs Dimensions 12 × 12 × 44 in