A division of PromarkBRANDS
1268 Humbracht Circle
Bartlett, IL 60103-1631 USA
Tel: (800) 989-0505
Photo-Meter LX (Lux)
In stock (can be backordered)
Quantum Instruments 860955 Overview
The Photo-Meter LX (Lux) from Quantum is used for lighting surveys by architects, designers, or industrial engineers to determine lighting design efficiency. Quickly compares ambient illumination to, for example, video screen brightness to determine suitability of the visual environment. The switch is accomplished in seconds. Scene lighting of sets can be measured and adjusted for uniform illumination. Other applications suited to the pocket Photo-Meter LX are stage lighting design, green house surveys, measurement of illuminated signs, lamp manufacturers’ testing, and more.
The Photo-Meter 1, 2 and Lux Meter are precision digital meters for laboratory, scientific and industrial use, as well as for video and cinematographic applications wherever accurate footcandle, footlambert or lux measurements are called for. The hand-held Photo-Meters are used for lighting surveys by architects, designers, or industrial engineers to determine the efficiency of lighting design. For example, they can quickly compare ambient illumination to video screen brightness to determine suitability of the visual environment. The switch from footcandle or footlambert calibration is accomplished in seconds.
Other applications suited to the pocket-sized Photometers are stage lighting design, greenhouse surveys, measurement of illuminated signs, lamp manufacturers’ testing, and more.
- Illuminance (Lux) – 0.1-999,000
- Luminance (cd/m2) – 0.1-999,000
- Accuracy Electrical – 1% plus two digits
- Sensor – Silicon with photometric filter
- Accuracy Spectral – 7%@2800K
- Batteries – Commonly available camera button cells: A76, MS76, 10L14, 357 or equiv.
- Approx. size – 4 x 2.8 x 1.2″ (100 x 70 x 30 mm)
- Weight – 4 oz (120 g)
- Accurate digital display
- Read foot-candles and foot-lamberts, or lux and candela/m 2 (nits)
- Tough construction for rough handling
- Useful for many applications
Weight 1 lbs Dimensions 8 × 8 × 8 in