A division of PromarkBRANDS
1268 Humbracht Circle
Bartlett, IL 60103-1631 USA
Tel: (800) 989-0505
Q Flash Model X5DR Flash Head 200-400 W/S
In stock (can be backordered)
Quantum Instruments X5dR Overview
The Quantum Q Flash Model X5DR can be powered by the Qpaq-X system. It can also be powered by a Lumedyne or Norman pack, with appropriate adapters, for up to 400 watt/seconds of auto-flash. Quantum Instruments X5DR TTL Flash Head is a completely automated flash head with 4 user selectable operating modes. Flash control is either Automatic, Manual, Stroboscopic, or TTL (with optional adapters for TTL camera control)
Note: The X5DR cannot be powered by the Quantum Turbo Battery —
only the Q-Paq System, Norman 400B, or Lumedyne Powerpacks with Batteries.
Start with the Quantum PX Command Module. Build your system up to 800 watt-seconds (to power 2- X5DR’s @ 400 w/s each) with 200 watt-second PXC modules, then snap on a High Capacity PB1 or Compact PB2 Battery, all available separately.
For Full TTL Operation, a TTL compatible camera and a Quantum TTL Module Cord are required
For an up-to-date list of TTL “D” series Adapters and compatible cameras, see manufacturer’s web site.
- TTL Mode
- The X5DR series, used with FreeXwire, supports wireless control of all dedicated camera-flash functions — including Manual, TTL, Auto, Auto-fill and TTL-Ratio — up to 500 feet away.
- Multi-Brand Camera-Compatible
- Qflash X5DR blends seamlessly with Canon, Nikon and other professional digital camera systems, using Quantum’s proprietary QTTL adapters. In some cases, it even provides capabilities a camera system may not support, such as wireless remote Fill-Flash.
- Capable of 200/400/600/800 w/s. Use add-on 200 w/s modules and get up to 800 w/s of power to power 2 heads — 400 w/s per flash head maximum .
- Automatic Mode
- Covers a 9 f/stop range in 1/3 stop increments
- Manual Mode
- Power may be adjusted from full to half to 1/64 power in 1/3 stop increments
- Stroboscopic Mode
- May be adjusted for power, number, and frequency of rapid firing for special effects
- Program Mode
- Store up to 4 favorite settings, switch between them at the push of a button
- Exposure Confirmation
- Visual: Displays “OK”
Audible: Beeps once for OK, or beeps 3 times with an “UNDR” or “OVER” in the display, indicating which way to adjust the Q Flash.
The beeping is switchable, or heard with the included earphone
- Changeable Reflector
- May be used with included parabolic, or optional QF63 telephoto reflector
May be used bare bulb, or with silver or gold bare bulb enhancers
- Angle Adjustment
- The head swivels and tilts for bounce flash capability, with one button control.
- Easy to Mount
- Mounts on a camera bracket, light stand or tripod with its 1/4″-20 threaded bottom
Weight 3 lbs Dimensions 14 × 14 × 14 in