A division of PromarkBRANDS
1268 Humbracht Circle
Bartlett, IL 60103-1631 USA
Tel: (800) 989-0505
Qflash Model T5D-R
- 150 W/s
In stock (can be backordered)
Quantum Instruments T5dR Overview
The Q Flash T5D-R TTL Flash by Quantum Instruments is an updated version of the T4D model. It has full wireless TTL dedication for new digital and film cameras, with the purchase of optional, camera-specific DW series QTTL modules and receivers. The Qflash T5D has Exposure compensation in Auto and Manual Modes, Under-Over F-stop exposure indicators in Auto, a Flash Counter, visible and audible flash indicators and signal, a modeling light, and an improved reflector locking ring.
It is a completely automated flash head with many advanced user-selectable operating modes; it is the perfect portable flash for any professional photographer.
Regular auto and manual flash are possible through its twin-blade sync socket. TTL flash exposures are possible when using the T5D with selected digital cameras. This unit is backward compatible with all Quantum TTL cords and adapters.
The Q Flash uses parabolic reflectors for clean, even light spread, and the reflectors are removable for bare-bulb lighting. Flash control is either Automatic, TTL (with optional adapters for TTL camera control), Manual, or Stroboscopic. Automatic exposure control covers a nine stop range, adjustable every 1/3 stop, for a total of 25 automatic settings. Manual power can be adjusted from full to 1/64 power in 1/3 stop increments; flash power can be dialed in precisely; Stroboscopic mode can be adjusted for flash power and number and frequency of bursts for special effects. Program allows storage of up to 8 favorite settings and switching between them at a push of a button.
The LCD control panel shows minimum & maximum flash distance range for each auto setting. It has both an audible and visual indication of correct exposure, displaying “OK” & 1 beep, or 3 beeps right away and an “UNDR” or “OVER” in the display, indicating which way to adjust the unit. The beep is switchable, or one may use the included earphone in situations where noise is distracting.
The Q Flash mounts on a camera bracket, tripod, or light stand and weighs no more than a conventional flash.
The Q Flash Model T5 can only be powered by the TURBO Series Batteries or Lumedyne Mega Cyclers with a Lumedyne battery, up to 150 Ws, full power, manual.
- Wireless TTL, Sync and Shutter Control
- Links Qflash 5D series flashes to digital and film cameras (Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Hasselblad, Mamiya, and Contax) – wirelessly.
QTTL Adapters with a FreeXWire FW9T Transmitter will send commands to one or more remote FreeXWire receivers connected to Qflashes.
- Full Dedication
- Connect a Qflash 5D to a camera using an optional Dw series QTTL adapter to make Qflash a fully dedicated flash that mimics the features of camera manufacturers’ flashes.
- Manual Mode
- Power may be adjusted from full to 1/2 to 1/64 power in 1/3 stop increments.
- Stroboscopic Mode
- May be adjusted for power, number, and frequency of rapid firing for special effects.
- Program Mode
- Store up to 8 favorite settings, switch between them at the push of a button.
- Exposure Confirmation
- Visual: Displays “OK”
Audible: Beeps once for OK, or beeps 3 times with an “UNDR” or “OVER” in the display, indicating which way to adjust the Q Flash.
The beeping is switchable, or can be heard discreetly with the included earphone.
- Changeable Reflector
- May be used with included parabolic or optional QF63 telephoto reflector.
May be used bare bulb, or with silver or gold bare bulb enhancers.
- Angle Adjustment
- Head swivels and tilts for bounce flash capability.
- Easy to Mount
- Mounts on a camera bracket, lightstand, or tripod with the 1/4″-20 threaded socket on the bottom of the unit.
- New Reflector Mount
- Improved for sure mounting of new “B” series reflectors and accessories.