A division of PromarkBRANDS
1268 Humbracht Circle
Bartlett, IL 60103-1631 USA
Tel: (800) 989-0505
Qflash TRIO QF8
$734.95 – $918.95
- Studio Bare Bulb Design with 80Ws Output
- Compatible with any shoe mount camera
- Dedicated control with Nikon, Canon, Panasonic or Sony*
- Guide Number: 105′ at ISO 100 with QF60
- Coverage: 35mm with QF60 Reflector
- Tilts Upwards 90°
- Rotates Left & Right 180°
- Basic Control, or FreeXwire TTL wireless control
- Recycle Time: 1.5 Seconds at Full Power
- Slow, High-Speed, 1st & 2nd Curtain Sync
- Runs on Turbo Series Battery Packs
- Click here to view all TRIO products and accessories
Quantum Instruments QF8 Overview
Take control of both on- and off-camera lighting with the bare-bulb Qflash TRIO Flash from Quantum, which features a built-in FreeXwire radio system for wireless operation from up to 500′ away and an output rated at 80 Ws. This version is compatible with Canon’s E-TTL / E-TTL II metering system and has a guide number of 105′ at ISO 100 with the QF60 reflector, which also provides coverage of about 35mm on a full frame camera. The head can tilt upwards 90° as well as rotate both left and right 180° for full bounce functionality.
The Qflash TRIO Shoe-mount flash is compatible with almost every camera that has a hot shoe if you’re comfortable shooting manual or auto-exposure. Fully integrated dedicated functionality is limited to Canon, Nikon, Panasonic or Sony via CoPilot.
Manual / Auto Exposure Mode:
- All shoe mount Cameras
- Hasselblad, Mamaya, Leica
- Sony, Olympus, Pentax, Fuji…and more
Full TTL / Dedicated flash compatibly:
- Nikon i-TTL metering system
- Canon E-TTL / E-TTL II metering system
- Panasonic TTL
- Sony via CoPilot
The flash runs on Turbo series battery packs, which can provide a recycle time of just 1.5 seconds at full power. The unit also has a variety of sync settings, including slow, high-speed, 1st and 2nd curtain. Additionally, options such as auto fill ratio enable simple usage for fast setups in changing lighting.
- Sensor limit function prevents blown out highlights when the subject is close and the background is far
- Visual and audible aids blink and beep for correct, under, or overexposed images
- Program Mode allows users to set up to 8 presets for fast access to commonly used settings.
* You can upgrade the Qflash Trio Basic at a later date to include Wireless / FreeXwire.
Weight 5.1268 lbs Brand
Nikon, Canon, Panasonic
Basic, Wireless / FreeXwire